[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-3571331 ] check_http converts semicolon to newline in -k

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu May 30 08:44:33 CEST 2013

Bugs item #3571331, was opened at 2012-09-24 14:14
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by hweiss
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=3571331&group_id=29880

not just the latest update.
Category: Argument proccessing
Group: release-1.4.15

Initial Comment:
When trying to pass Accept: headers, which are supposed to contain semicolons, using the -k option then the semicolon is converted to a newline (verified using snapshot version 1.4.16-38-g4cdd on RHEL 6.3 and recording request using tcpdump:

call:

./nagios-plugins-1.4.16-38-g4cdd/plugins/check_http -I obfuscated -H obfuscated -k 'Accept: application/json;charset=UTF-8' -u obfuscated

tcpdump / wireshark:

GET ofuscated HTTP/1.1
Connection: close
Host: obfuscated
Accept: application/json
charset=UTF-8

Comment By: Richard Leitner (g0hl1n)
Date: 2013-05-29 13:53

Message:
Hi,
multiple -k options are already implemented in the current check_http.
Using them you can define multiple HTTP header fields.

Until now check_http wasn't able to handle semicolons (;) in an header
field, due to the fact it split them up into multiple header fields.
So after my patch the mentioned use of check_http
(./nagios-plugins-1.4.16-38-g4cdd/plugins/check_http -I obfuscated -H
obfuscated -k 'Accept: application/json;charset=UTF-8' -u obfuscated) will
work (I've testes it, I swear^^), but you wouldn't be able to specify
multiple Header fields in one -k option.

Hope this describes it well.
Otherwise just check the sources at
https://github.com/nagios-plugins/nagios-plugins/pull/52/files or the help
text of check_http.

br,
Richard

Comment By: RudolfPotucekSmart (rpsmart)
Date: 2013-05-29 09:36

Message:
I think multiple -k options don't help because there is only ONE header
called "Accept:" with a value of "application/json;charset=UTF-8"

Comment By: Richard Leitner (g0hl1n)