[nagios-plugins] check_ping does not honor correct timeouts (#1216)

PriceChild notifications at github.com
Fri Nov 15 12:52:10 CET 2013

If I run `check_ping -H 123.123.123.123 -w 3000.0,80% -c 5000.0,100% -p 5` I can see in `ps fax` that `/bin/ping -n -U -w 30 -c 5 123.123.123.123` is the real command being run.

`-w` & `-W` are defined in my man page as:
> -w deadline
> Specify  a  timeout,  in  seconds, before ping exits regardless of how many packets have been sent or received. In this case ping does not stop after count packet are sent, it waits either for deadline expire or until count probes are answered or for some error notification from network.
> -W timeout
> Time to wait for a response, in seconds. The option affects only timeout in absense of any responses, otherwise ping waits for two RTTs.

`check_ping -h` states that the default timeout is 10 seconds.

Setting `-t 10` doesn't modify the arguments being used to run check_ping

---
https://github.com/nagios-plugins/nagios-plugins/issues/1216