[Nagiosplug-devel] New Threshold Syntax

Páll Guðjón Sigurðsson palli at ok.is
Tue Sep 3 15:55:20 CEST 2013

The plugin guidelines are like a bible over here. You will not believe how much work i have saved by following the guidelines instead of inventing the wheel by myself. They are in fact terrific.

Its the kinks in extra-opts that is my current source of under enthusiasm.

Namely:

1) By observing the examples it seems the following is allowed:
# ./check_stuff --extra-opts=@/etc/myconfig.ini
# ./check_stuff --extra-opts -jk --some-other-opt

The latter one causes confusing ambiguity and its not supported by python's OptionParser. I'd prefer to see it removed from the spec. and replaced with --extra-opts='' to achieve the same end result.