[Nagiosplug-devel] New Threshold Syntax

William Leibzon william at leibzon.org
Tue Sep 3 20:59:18 CEST 2013

Good points about having identifiable specification version number.

So unless people have have strong objections when talking about this
proposal on Nagios conference BoF, I will use long name of "Nagios Plugins
Development Guidelines and Threshold Syntax Specification 2.0 (2013)" with
short abbreviations NPDG 2.0 and NPTS 2.0 when talking specifically about
threshold syntax and interval notation. This is since in my view 1.0 can
not be no guidelines (that is 0.0 if you like) and 1.0 is what is in common
use right now. Long name is because documented are more than just threshold
and interval specification syntax. If people want some nick name name for
2.0 syntax (like it is done with all OS releases) then TUIN sounds good, in
fact I possibly will use this ("Threshold as Unit Intervals") as a slide
title.