automatic mta detection (#1242)

Evgeni Golov notifications at github.com
Thu Feb 27 20:05:31 CET 2014

Try to autodetect which mailq implementation we are using

This is done by looking at some common directories and files each MTA
installs on the system. If no known file is found, the old default sendmail
is used. Of course this still can be overridden by -M.

You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/evgeni/monitoring-plugins automatic_mta

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/monitoring-plugins/monitoring-plugins/pull/1242

-- Commit Summary --

  * try to autodetect which mailq implementation we are using
  * document autodetection in the usage output
  * add $mailq to check output, so it is easily visible what was
  autodetected

-- File Changes --

    M plugins-scripts/check_mailq.pl (63)

-- Patch Links --