check_ldap: add certificate support (#1195)

Thomas Guyot-Sionnest notifications at github.com
Wed Jan 29 04:58:58 CET 2014

Hi waja,

You know, i'm not really against this patch, but one weird thing I noticed is that for straight up SSL services, check_http certificate check works! Makes me think the check should actually be implemented in check_tcp for all SSL protocols.

Then once we get there, what prevent us form adding just the required logic in check_tcp to implement the STARTTLS certificate checks for every other STARTTLS-cabaple protocol?

So I don't really mind this merge gets in, but I think the check_tcp suggestion is still worth it and would make this patch obsolete. It's just a mater of which one can get in first I guess...

---
https://github.com/monitoring-plugins/monitoring-plugins/pull/1195#issuecomment-33554590