check_ping: Add support for showing name (DNS) resolution in the plugin output (STDOUT). (#1284)

Sven Nierlein notifications at github.com
Fri Nov 28 14:19:55 CET 2014

Thanks for your patch. We decided to not include it since you almost always
have the hostname in your interface or notification already and we'd like to
avoid duplicate information.
You might say it's optional, but then it still makes the code more
complicated and less maintable and
reduces the number of available options for useful future features.
Also the whitespace seemed ok already, according to our guidelines (see CODE
file) there should be
leading tabs followed by spaces. We can discuss about how and if this is
useful and state of the art, but
that should be done seperatly.

https://github.com/monitoring-plugins/monitoring-plugins/pull/1284#issuecomment-64893097