check_http and time to first byte (#1346)

Bryan Irvine bryair01 at noa.nintendo.com
Fri Aug 21 18:51:18 CEST 2015

I'd be interested in seeing something like that.

Monitoring is hard and if you notice something that others are not doing but has been useful in your environment - I think submitting a patch along with your use-case and results of your experiments are always welcome in the community (not to put words in the mouths of the official maintainers - which I am not.) Others may then also experiment and build off of it. Or abandon it if proves not to be useful.

Ultimately, monitoring is a science - so I'd suggest you approach it that way. You've observed something. Now create a test to prove or disprove and submit your patch for peer review. :)

-B