check_simap and SNI

Kai Kretschmann kai at kretschmann.email
Sat Dec 5 16:15:52 CET 2015

Hi,

After having success with checking validity of http domains using
"check_http -S --sni" for multiple certificates running under the same
IP I tried that way for checking SIMAP with the same feature.

It seems that the check_simap tool doesn't support "--sni" yet. As my
dovecot installation uses different vertificates depending on the domain
name I'm unable to verify the validity of the secondary certificates.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/SSL/DovecotConfiguration
states not all clients are able to use SNI yet, but someone must start,
so the nagios plugin might be an easy try I think.

Or are there any workarounds known?