check_http not following redirects containing angle brackets (#1389)

2bjc466 notifications at github.com
Wed Oct 28 19:37:59 CET 2015

Hello,

I am having trouble getting check_http to follow redirects that contain
angle brackets. A web site is issuing a 302 and a URL containing
'proxycustom=<HOME/>' and check_http is attempting to use 'proxycustom=' to
follow the redirect. Here's partial verbose output from the command I am
using:

./check_http --critical=20 --hostname=google-search-appliance --port=80
--string='<title>Search Home</title>' --url=/ --warning=10
--onredirect=follow -v
GET / HTTP/1.1
Connection: close
Host: google-search-appliance