question about the http_check

Christian Kujau lists at nerdbynature.de
Tue Feb 21 22:28:33 CET 2017

On Thu, 16 Feb 2017, Nael Kabbany wrote:
> We have a question regarding the check_http command. In the below
> example does this command test both the url  alive and the certificate
> expiry days or only test one of them ?
> check_http -H xxx.test.com -u https://xxx.test.com/  -C 14 -S

This will indeed check both the expiry date and if the "URL is alive", but
if more conditions are supplied (e.g. --expect= or --string=) only -C is
checked.

HTH,
Christian.

PS: why was this posted to -devel, and not -help?
--
BOFH excuse #122:

because Bill Gates is a Jehovah's witness and so nothing can work on St. Swithin's day.