check_http nagios plugin

Brian Kolaci bk at galaxy.net
Mon May 8 22:33:37 CEST 2017

Hi,

I just updated nagios from 3.3 on solaris to 3.5.1 on centos 6 linux.
I’m noticing a crash in this version of check_http when called as follows:

/usr/lib/nagios/plugins/check_http -I 10.10.1.123 -p 5555 -N -a user:password
Segmentation fault

The page is rather large and takes a long time to download.
When I remove the -N option, it then times out.  If I go with a web page, it does take minutes to load the page.
Its a monitoring page for the ASSP mail scanning service.

But it used to work…
I installed this from EPEL.  So perhaps I need a newer version of the code.  If you can direct me where to get it, I can try downloading/compiling/install.

the header coming back from the —help option is:

check_http v2.1.4 (nagios-plugins 2.1.4)
Copyright (c) 1999 Ethan Galstad <nagios at nagios.org>
Copyright (c) 1999-2014 Nagios Plugin Development Team
	<devel at nagios-plugins.org>

Thanks!

Brian