Guidelines for backporting from nagios-plugins?

Lorenz lorenz at vulgrim.de
Fri Jun 9 16:14:07 CEST 2023

Hi Franz

On 05.06.23 18:11, Franz Schwartau wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to backport some features from nagios-plugins to
> monitoring-plugins for check_smtp. Some of these features were committed
> by me, while others were contributed by different authors.

That would be great!

> Are there any guidelines I should follow? Should I mention the authors
> of the changes from nagios-plugins in the commits for
> monitoring-plugins? Additionally, is it necessary to include a reference
> to the corresponding change in nagios-plugins within the commit message?

I am not sure about the jurisdical implications, but IMHO idealy you can
take the original commit(s) (including the author).
If that is not possible, the author should be mentioned in the commit.

Referencing the original commits, issues and PRs in nagios-plugins would
be quite helpful.

> Best regards,
> Franz

Kind regards