[Nagiosplug-devel] return code 139, 142

Gunnar Hellekson ghelleks at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 5 09:52:04 CET 2002

We've recently begun receiving "Return code 139 is out of bounds" on a
number of our home-grown perl checks.  "Return code 142 is out of bounds" is
pretty popular, too.  We've combed through the scripts -- we're not
returning this, and none of the libraries are (documented to) return these
error codes.  What's worse, they're almost impossible to reproduce from the
command line.

Load, memory, etc. are all under control. We're using:

SunOS 5.8 Generic_108528-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-Enterprise
Nagios 1.0b6
perl 5.6.1
DBI 1.30
DBD::Oracle 1.12

I've googled myself crosseyed on this error code, and I can't find any
mention of it anywhere.  Any suggestions on how to debug this?

-Gunnar