[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ntp plugin

Rhys McWilliams rhys at ananzi.co.za
Tue Dec 17 06:05:02 CET 2002

Hi,

I have recently downloaded Nagios and am busy configuring it to monitor my
network.
I must say that so far I am extremely impressed with Nagios, excellent
utility.

However, I have just run into one minor problem with the check_ntp plugin.
It seems that the plugin does not like the underscore character in the
hostname specified with the -H option.

Am I just being stupid about this (I use the underscore in quite a few of my
host names in the /etc/hosts)?
If not, is there a chance of this being fixed?

I see that the check_ntp plugin is a perl script. Unfortunately I'm not up
to scratch on perl else I would try fix it myself.

Thank you.

Regards
------------------------
Rhys McWilliams
Kerridge Computer Company Ltd. (S.A.)
Johannesburg, South Africa
Tel: +27 11 796 1000    Fax: +27 11 796 1100
http://www.kerridge.co.za/
mailto:rhys at kcc.co.za

                             Disclaimer

This e-mail transmission is confidential and intended solely for the
person or organization to whom it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or disseminate the
information, or take any action in reliance of it. Any views expressed
in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of any organization or
employer. If you have received this message in error, do not open any
attachment but please notify the sender (above) deleting this message
>from your system. Please rely on your own virus check no
responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage arising out of
any bug or virus infection.