[Nagiosplug-devel] check_mysql_replication program

Mario Witte mario.witte at chengfu.net
Thu Dec 19 10:07:02 CET 2002

> I took a look at the check_mysqlslave.pl script that's posted in
> Sourceforge.  I think this C program has several important differences.
> First, it checks both MySQL v3 and v4 replication.  Second, it checks that
> the mysql slave is up to date with relation to the master.  (The   threshold
> for determining "up to date" is passed as an argument.)  Third, this
> check_mysql_replication is written in C and is not dependent upon the perl installation.
> How do we choose which one (if either) get added to the distribution?

The skript was my solution for the problem and it fitted quite fine
because until now we only use Mysql 3. (And I must admit that I don't
know any C)
As your program obviously has better capabilities I wouldn't recommend
choosing my solution :-)

So, if anyboy decides to add a plugin for Mysql replication to
nagiosplug, my vote goes to Daves solution.

Bye,
--
Mario Witte | <mario.witte at chengfu.net> | http://www.chengfu.net/
GnuPG fingerprint = 1C46 FF8F 661F 69B6 410E  9B1B 1EA5 6B20 BD30 AEA3

cd /pub ; more beer