[Nagiosplug-devel] Re: check_mysql_replication program

Mario Witte mario.witte at chengfu.net
Wed Dec 18 16:21:03 CET 2002

Dave Viner wrote:
> Here's a little plugin that checks the status of MySQL replication between a
> master and a slave MySQL db.  I've tried it with both version 3 and version
> 4 instances of MySQL, and as far as I can tell it works properly.  I'm
> attaching the code itself, and the patch file which adds it to the
> configure.in and the plugins/Makefile.am.
>
> Please let me know what you think of it.  I think its pretty cool and
> useful, especially since the current check_mysql doesn't handle replication.
>
> What do you think ?
Hello Dave,

In fact I submitted a similar skript (which has worked fine for several
months now) and an appropriate patch file several weeks ago. Until now
nobody semms to have taken notice, but it can be found in the bug
tracker:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=619255&group_id=29880&atid=397599

Hopefully somebody will integrate one of our two solutions into the next
release.

Bye,
--
Mario Witte | <mario.witte at chengfu.net> | http://www.chengfu.net/
GnuPG fingerprint = 1C46 FF8F 661F 69B6 410E  9B1B 1EA5 6B20 BD30 AEA3

User error; replace user and press any key to continue.