[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ntp plugin

Jeremy T. Bouse Jeremy.Bouse at UnderGrid.net
Mon Dec 30 14:17:03 CET 2002

I think to get this working off the patches I've submit'd we'd be
looking at modifing is_host() in utils.c a lil bit so instead of:

int
is_host (char *address)
{
        if (is_ipv4_addr (address) || is_ipv6_addr (address) ||
                is_hostname (address))
                return (TRUE);

        return (FALSE);
}

	we'd have something along the lines of:

int
is_host (char *address)
{
        if (naf_family == AF_IPV4)
		if (is_ipv4_addr (address) || is_hostname (address))
			return (TRUE);
	else if (naf_family == AF_IPV6)
		if (is_ipv6_addr (address) || is_hostname (address))
			return (TRUE);
	else
		if (is_ipv4_addr (address) || is_ipv6_addr (address) ||
			is_hostname (address))
			return (TRUE);

        return (FALSE);
}

	Of course is_hostname could be modified as well to add a
naf_family parameter so it only checks for IPv4 or IPv6 hostnames...

	in netutils.c it would mean adding the parameter to the calls
and then resolve_host_or_addr() is already written to handle an AF
family parameter...

	Jeremy