[Nagiosplug-devel] check_iftable - Submission

Rob King rob.king at wholefoods.com
Fri Nov 15 13:25:01 CET 2002

Hey everyone,
    I've written a Nagios plugin (in very ugly Bourne shell code) that
uses the SNMPv2 TABLE command to poll all the interfaces on a
router/machine, and give output like "Interfaces: 653 up, 32 down, 1
admin down, 1 disconnected". It seems to work fine, as we're using it to
monitor approx. 200 routers. The benefit to this is that it checks all
the interfaces using one SNMP operation for everything, as opposed to
one SNMP operation per interface.

    Please let me know if this would be the appropriate location for me
to submit it to have it included in the Nagios plugin distribution. Like
I said, it's pretty ugly, but I'd love it if someone cleaned it up and
included it.

    Thanks,
    Rob