[Nagiosplug-devel] slow & dirty lm_sensors reading plugin thingy.

Anders Nerheim anders at jblinux.net
Mon Oct 14 15:32:01 CEST 2002

Good evening.. or Night?

I wrote a small (and shitty) shellscript that read the output of what
the 'sensors' binary gives you.

I'm only announcing it here since I haven't really made the 'help' part
yet, and I figured you wouldn't need it :)

should be work if you do something like

./check_lm_sensors placetomeasure(either 'cpu' or 'case') w-temp c-temp

if we specify 'cpu' as a place to measure, and 45 as warning temp, and
50 as critical temp, it would look like this.

$ ./check_lmsensors cpu 45 50
LMSENSORS OK - temp is 41 celsius

it will exit with state 0 if ok

1 if warning, 2 if critical.. 3 if... yeah.. uhm.. no :)

email me if you want to know more

I'm also working on a plugin for MGE-UPS' that reads date from SNMP &
XML