[Nagiosplug-devel] Trying to support current automake/autoconf

Karl DeBisschop kdebisschop at alert.infoplease.com
Fri Oct 25 06:11:02 CEST 2002

It's now been a feww weeks that I've been tyring to get automake from
BOTH RedHat7.3 and RedHat8.0 to work with our CVS files.

My conclusion is that it won't work. If someone can prove me wrong,
great. But I haven't found it.

What DOES work is that the tarball created from 'make dist' will build,
as it should, without using automake at all.

If all these premises are correct, we need more snapshot tarballs. As
part of that, I will start rebuilding snapshots twice daily.

They can be downloaded from:

	http://www.debisschop.net/src/nagios/

Where the file name is something like:

	 nagios-plugins-1.3.0-snapshot.tar.gz

In theory, I should be able to do this directly on sourceforge, and post
the snapshots there. I've done it in the past, but they changed their
build policies somewhat, and at the time I did not keep up.

If anyone knows how I'd set up twice daily snapshot tarballs on
sourceforge, drop a note here to the list.

--
Karl

--
Karl