[Nagiosplug-devel] extarneous lines in configure.in

Subhendu Ghosh sghosh at sghosh.org
Wed Apr 2 05:49:47 CEST 2003

On 2 Apr 2003, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> What might make sense along those lines, however, is for Nagios to
> provide a directory into which we could dump some docs. I'm thinking of
> how (on RedHat) the mod_ssl and php docs are more or less just dumped
> into /var/www/html/manual. (Although that also requires patching HTML,
> IIRC, which I would like to avoid).

This would be fine.  perhaps the documentation link from side.html could
point to a top level doc index file with a pointer to the regular nagios
docs and a pointer to plugins dir for other docs.

The plugin install could then just drop the docs in named dir. (would
probably require a config option for non std dir)

> BTW, the doc dir is presently not distributed because it was originally
> envisioned as a place for building docs for the soureforge web site,
> IIRC.  But back to the main topic...
>
> What was the main topic?
>
> We wanted to put some html docs someplace, right? I've forgotten what it
> was we wanted to document.
>
> Now I remember - how does a plugin move from contrib to core, right?

In addition as we add more docs to the plugins - plan was to extract those
docs and publish them (similar to perldoc man pages) perhaps in html.

> I don't care too much if the docs are HTML or text. But if they are
> text, they should go into a directory docs/txt, I would think. If they
> are html, I would assume they should go into docs/html.
>
> In some perfect world, I'd prefer to write the docs as docbook XML (have
> you seen the XXE xml editor?). But for now, I think html is OK. But if
> so, could we try to write to strict xhtml?

haven't tried it yet..

--

-sg