[Nagiosplug-devel] RE: [Nagiosplug-help] check-http with client certificate authoriz ation

Heckert, Torsten torsten.heckert at sap.com
Thu Apr 17 08:16:10 CEST 2003

Hi Fabian,

> I've implemented a check_http Plugin which is - besides some other new
> features - able to use client certifictes for authentication.
> It is based on OpenSSL functionality, so other SSL implementations won't work

sounds perfect! I already use OpenSSL and therefore it shouldn't be a problem on that side.

> I assume your server requests a client certificate
> prior to asking for basic authentication, am I right?

hmm - it is a IIS. Don't know about, but it really seems like that. I just did a check using wfetch but it does not give further info on that issue.

> If you're interested I may make my Version of check_http available on
> sourceforge.

Would be great! I would be very interested as most of my servers use SSO!

Happy easter,
Torsten