[Nagiosplug-devel] config.in question/issue

Karl W. Burkett burkett at is.rice.edu
Fri Apr 25 08:47:35 CEST 2003

Morning,

  I'm having a problem with Irix that I think stems from the way the
check_swap section of config.in ( and consequently configure) is setup.
I should say that version 1.29 of configure (included with beta2) does
work by correctly avoiding check_swap.

Now, for a little platform information:

bash-2.05$ uname -a
IRIX irix65 6.5 07151439 IP22

bash-2.05$ which swap
/etc/swap

Output from the swap command used in configure:
bash-2.05$ swap -l
lswap path         dev    pri swaplo   blocks     free  maxswap    vswap

    1 /dev/swap
                   0,58     0      0   262144   229728   262144        0

Note that there are some buried tabs as well as a carriage return in the
above.  See below (vi w/ set list):
lswap path    ^I   dev    pri swaplo   blocks     free  maxswap
vswap$
    1 /dev/swap$
^I^I   0,58     0      0   262144   229728   262144        0$

Now this clearly does not match any of the swap formats in the pertinent
section of configure.in yet I do have a swap command that is easy to
find.

Now  ideally, this format of the swap command should be added to the
section and then SWAP_FORMAT can receive the correct value.  I will
readily admit that I don't have the knowledge or expertise to attempt
figure out the correct string for this case and hope that some can
easily put it together.  But, I should also point out that the existence
of a swap utility of an unknown format should not trigger a compile of
check_swap.c, so I'm thinking that this section of the code needs to be
reworked.

Hope I've been a little help and not a hindrance.

Thanks.

   Karl Burkett            burkett at rice.edu
    Rice University        713.348.6256
    Systems &