[Nagiosplug-devel] i would like to create a new plugin

- = k o l i s k o = - kolisko at penguin.cz
Thu Feb 13 05:16:09 CET 2003

Hi all,

I would like to create a new plugin which will check a qmail queue
status.

like this:

0 root at mx1:plugins# cat check_queue.sh
#!/bin/bash

if [ "$#" = "1" ]
then
limit=$1
pocet=`qmail-qread|grep -v done|wc -l`
email="mkolesar at broadnet.cz"

if [ "$pocet" -gt "$limit" ]
then
        echo "warning: Limit prekrocen!!! $pocet/$limit"
        exit 2
else
        echo "queue ok - Limit OK $pocet/$limit"
        exit 0
fi
else
        echo -e "syntax error!!!\n\tusage: $0 limit"
fi

But i dont know how to add it to the nagios server.

I have a nagios server which check lot of serveres. One of that servers
is a mail server with qmail. On the mailserver is running debian and
nagios-statd-server package. So port 1040 is activated. I have the
check_queue.sh script on the mailserver. And i dont know how to use this
script from the nagios server.

Can you help me please?

tx
kolisko