[Nagiosplug-devel] Bug in check_disk plugin ?!

Kraus, Markus Markus.Kraus.hp at sysde.eads.net
Fri Jan 24 05:16:02 CET 2003

Hello @,

after getting wrong warning messages from check_disk I' ve compared
different versions of it. I get a warning/ critical status when I have more
than xy% free diskspace!!! After reading check_disk --help the confusion is
complete.

Extract from the actual plugins version 1.3.0 beta 2:

-w, --warning=INTEGER
   Exit with WARNING status if less than INTEGER kilobytes of disk are free
-w, --warning=PERCENT%
   Exit with WARNING status if more than PERCENT of disk space is free
					^^^^^^
-c, --critical=INTEGER
   Exit with CRITICAL status if less than INTEGER kilobytes of disk are free
-c, --critical=PERCENT%
   Exit with CRITCAL status if more than PERCENT of disk space is free
					^^^^^^
In an older version of the plugins it's quite vice versa for the percental
statement. I never be worry about having to much diskspace ;-)

Best regards

Markus