[Nagiosplug-devel] Plugin question

Ryan Czyz rczyz at scsinet.com
Fri Jun 20 10:44:02 CEST 2003

I am trying to write a basic pluging to compare the results off a "GET"
to a file which has the reqiured output.  If it is ok, it should exit
with code status 0 and if it is bad it should exit with status 2 right?

Here is the code:

########START CODE#######
#!/bin/sh

wget
http://www.<SOMESITE>.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/TestPage?catalogId=1
0551\&storeId=10201 -O http_out -q

diff -w -q /usr/local/nagios/bin/http_out
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/http2.txt

# If they're not different, it is ok.
  if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
    echo "Site ok"
    exit 0
  else
    echo "Critical"
    exit 3
  fi

####END CODE#####

We just did a shell script bceause it is quick and dirty and it will
actually send the right info.  The only problem is that when I look at
the status in the web interface in Nagios, I see the status as OK (all
the time) and then it will give the error CRITICAL, so I know that the
conditions I the script are met.  Is there something else that the CGIs
are looking for that I am missing?

Thanks.....

Ryan Czyz