[Nagiosplug-devel] IPv6 support in Nagios

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Fri Jun 27 11:17:02 CEST 2003

	The current CVS code fully supported IPv6 as the code was
modified to be completely AF-independent... The CVS version of
check_tcp & check_udp already do support IPv6 hostnames and addresses
right along with IPv4 support... It automatically attempts to try
whichever is returned...

	As you have mentioned the -4 and -6 support is not yet in all
the options... As the one who did the major AF-independent code changes
I have just not had the time to dig into this and add the -4 and -6
options into the plugins... I believe a search of the archives of this
list would show that this topic has been discussed and is highly
desired... I'm hoping to get this ability in prior to the current CVS
code being released...

	Regards,
	Jeremy T. Bouse