[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Feature Requests-720097 ] check_imap and check_pop

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Jun 29 13:30:09 CEST 2003

Feature Requests item #720097, was opened at 2003-04-11 23:47
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by undrgrid
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397600&aid=720097&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
>From what I can determine, in version 1.3.0 of the
Nagios plugins (at least in the RPM) check_pop and
check_imap are symlinks to check_tcp, which appears to
have some rudimentary smarts to look at how it was
invoked so to display slightly different usage information.

Can real check_imap and check_pop plugins come back in
future, that also support checking via SSL?

Do you accept plugins in Perl, or must they be in C?
I'm happy to submit the Perl plugin I'll have to write.

Date: 2003-06-29 13:29

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=10485

I am moving this to "pending" as the check_tcp code works
fine provided the symlinks to it call check_simap and
check_spop are made. When these are generated by default I
feel this should be marked closed... I've tested this
already against my mail server with the following results:

undrgrid at TheOne:~/cvs-checkout/nagiosplug/plugins$
./check_simap -H imap.mail.undergrid.net
SIMAP OK - 0.348 second response time on port 993 [* OK mail
Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.12-Debian-2 server ready]|time=0.348

undrgrid at TheOne:~/cvs-checkout/nagiosplug/plugins$
./check_spop -H imap.mail.undergrid.net
SPOP OK - 0.279 second response time on port 995 [+OK mail
Cyrus POP3 v2.1.12-Debian-2 server ready
<604573652.1056918451 at mail>]|time=0.279

Comment By: Karl DeBisschop (kdebisschop)
Date: 2003-04-12 00:59

Message:
Logged In: YES
user_id=1671

SSL code is part of check_tcp.

You are possibly looking for check_simap and check_spop

(Yes we do accept perl plugins)