[Nagiosplug-devel] post-1.3.0 features

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Wed Mar 5 18:29:10 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 14:01, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
>         With the release of 1.3.0 finally I'd like to get a list of
> what features are targeted for the next release cycle. From what I
> recall the AF-Independent feature was put for post-1.3.0 release. If
> this is the case I will begin working on it. I have most of the code but
> need to clean up some things as well I'd like to find a better way to
> modify configure.in to test for the new function availablity. If I can
> do this then I can manage to work to maintain backwards compatibility. I
> am looking at several other projects to see how they are testing for the
> function availablity as I found using SF's compile farm that some of the
> OSes didn't report having the function from my initial tests but did in
> fact have it.
>
>         Is this something that we might want to branch while I work on
> it and then merge it back into the HEAD?

HEAD is explicitly for development. The r1_3_0 branch will allow us to
apply bug fixes on the road to 1.4.x.

So we don't need another branch, at least in my estimation. Just have at
it.

A good place to look for AF implementation might be the postgresql
sources. The recently went through it, and they successfully support a
pretty wide set of platforms.

--
Karl