[Nagiosplug-devel] post-1.3.0 features

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Wed Mar 5 19:10:02 CET 2003

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 09:27:11PM -0500, Karl DeBisschop wrote:

> HEAD is explicitly for development. The r1_3_0 branch will allow us to
> apply bug fixes on the road to 1.4.x.
>
> So we don't need another branch, at least in my estimation. Just have at
> it.

	Okay, can't argue with that logic... Makes it a lot easier but I
have work'd in some environments where we did special development projects
like this as forked branches and brought the code back to the main trunk
after it was fleshed out...

> A good place to look for AF implementation might be the postgresql
> sources. The recently went through it, and they successfully support a
> pretty wide set of platforms.

	Yeah I'll do that... I just need to figure out if getaddrinfo and
getnameinfo are available, if so use them otherwise I need to prolly create
equiv functions using getnameby* and getaddrby* function calls... I have
some code that's already #define'd (different from my original patch submitted)
so if I can get the test working in configure it should be smooth sailing
from there...

	As for plugins needing work to be AF-indep I could use some help
brainstorming specifically on check_ping as I've found some use the standard
ping with a '-A inet6' option and others (mainly linux) use ping6 for IPv6
ping and standard ping command for IPv4... Need to come up with a portable
way of figuring this out so the code can be portable...

	I think the idea of adding -4 and -6 as plugin command line options
to force IPv4 or IPv6 was mentioned and would need to be hashed out. As well
I think configure should prolly be able to be compiled with IPv6 disabled if
it weren't required or wanted...

	Jeremy