[Nagiosplug-devel] Some configure.in changes

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Fri Mar 7 09:48:14 CET 2003

	Okay so I'm going through and trying to work on the configure script
to be able to determine whether or not I need to emulate RFC2553 support
or not and I've noticed that some OSes need certain items defined in order
to properly find the functions... So I've enabled AC_CANONICAL_HOST in
configure.in which now includes config.sub and config.guess... I don't think
these should be included in the CVS repository as they are updated from
time to time to include new OSes and arches, not to mention the .cvsignore
already has them ignored.

	I've also modified all the AC_ARG_WITH declarations to use the
ACX_HELP_STRING function added in acinclude.m4 when I added the emulation
check. I did this because it does make the options all line up a lil better
and looks cleaner.

	I've also modified tools/setup to have automake add the command-line
options "--add-missing --copy" so it will copy the config.guess and config.sub
into the directory if they are missing... If you need to add anything that
is specific to a OS platform just seach configure.in fro "misce" or
"host_vender" and you'll find it... It's right before the AC_CHECK_LIB
calls.

	I have not yet done a commit with these changes yet as I'm testing
things out here locally as well as giving time for others to comment or make
suggestions...

	Jeremy