[Nagiosplug-devel] Bring on your legacy OS :)

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Fri Mar 7 14:03:06 CET 2003

	Okay guys... I think I have the autoconf script properly checking
for getaddrinfo either in the system libs or other RFC2553 resolver (ie-
BIND9 lwres) libs. Now I just need to find some legacy systems that don't
have either to test... I've tested on Solaris 2.8 and 2.9 on SPARC as
well as Linux (Debian 3.0 and unstable)...

	What I have do done is modify configure.in as well as add 4 files
to lib/ (getaddrinfo.[ch] and gethostbyname.[ch]) along with a slight mod
to lib/Makefile.am... The getaddrinfo.? and gethostbyname.? files are
included from the libesmtp distribution (also GPL'd) and implement the
necessary functions and include them in libnagiosplug.a if they are needed.
The idea being that no matter what the getaddrinfo() function should now
exist and be able to be called... I still need to do a lil conditional
work on the header files to make sure the headers from lib/ are included
if there are needed but the configure script should work and detect properly
I believe... Right now there are now calls to these functions in any of the
plugins so it should not affect them but you should see it compile the
objects in lib/ and include them in libnagiosplug.a... I believe common.h
will be the best place to put this since libnagiosplug.a is included in
all plugins...

	If I could get those with the legacy systems to try running configure
and make and see if they encounter any problems it would really help me out
before I go further... I will be committing this code later this afternoon...

	Jeremy