[Nagiosplug-devel] System health check plugin..

Badri Pillai badri at pillai.de
Wed Mar 12 00:30:14 CET 2003

Hi all,

I was just wondering if someone has already written a plugin, which
check overall system health check and returns one value OK,WARNING, CRITICAL
with inf string.

A system is considered healthy if all the following objects are working
with defined water marks, which vary from system to system.
e.g: 1) CPU
     2) Disk (Physical disk)
     3) File system (Hear I seperate it from disk, as a FS can be of more
                  then one disk, Veritas/LVM etc..)
     4) Memory
     5) Temprature
     6) Fan (cooling fans)
     7) NIC (Network Interface Card)

The idea behid is to reduce the number of process to one.

Kind Regards,

Badri at ii-consult.com