[Nagiosplug-devel] Code clean-up needed?

Jeremy T. Bouse jeremy+nagios at undergrid.net
Wed Mar 12 21:48:21 CET 2003

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 12:21:19AM -0500, Karl DeBisschop wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-03-12 at 12:01, Jeremy 'The Ripper' Bouse wrote:
>
> > 	Looking through utils.c I noticed there are 3 "usage" functions
> > defined... Those being usage(msg), usage2(msg,arg) and
> > usage3(msg,arg)... Are these even being used and if not should they not
> > be removed in a clean-up sweep?
>
> Well, they should be cleaned up. But I'm afraid that is another of my
> half completed efforts.

	Feel free to let me know if you need me to take some fo those half
completed tasks off your plate... I've guess I have just had a lot of time to
look at the code previously while I was working on my original IPv6 patch and
more so now that I'm actually digging deeper into it... Doesn't hurt my employer
(NTT Multimedia Communications Laboratories, Inc in case anyone was wondering)
is giving me authority to spend my hours at work (8a-4p PST) on this... Can get
a lot done when no one gets in the office until about 2 hours after you do :)

> I do expect to resolve that during this cycle, but I'd appreciate it if
> you could leave tham intact for the time being.
>
> And while your ripping out all this code, I think I left a kitchen sink
> in the corner of popen.c ;-)

	Karl, I love these lil volleys we have... My wife had to look over my
shoulder to see why I was laughing so hard and said if we find the kitchen sink
we'll UPS it to ya :)

	Jeremy