[Nagiosplug-devel] Solaris packages

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Mon Mar 17 03:46:19 CET 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-17 at 01:59, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> Karl,
>
> 	I was unaware of the two forms for packages... I'll add that to the list
> of reasons I really dislike dealing with Solaris :) It also adds merit to my
> choice to work on it and test it thoroughly locally first... When I get this
> working cleanly I'll let you take a look and see if it's how we want to have it
> build the Solaris package or not... This method I'm using right now is very
> clean compared to the other...

I'm trying to remeber why I chose the TAR form. I was just learning
solaris packaging at the time.

I think it may have been easier for me to package, whereas it may
require one mor step from the user. So if you method works, is cleaner
on the Makefile, and make the one-step form, it is probably what we
should choose. Once your done, I cane aply the same work to the Nagios
build. (That has no real chance of interfering with the code
development, so Ethan typically is OK with my adding it in - that is
really the only reason I have CVS access for Nagios)

--
Karl