[Nagiosplug-devel] New plugins, autoconf & pre-built binaries

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Sat Mar 29 19:32:10 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 22:36, Jeremy T. Bouse wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 09:41:47PM +0000, Ton Voon wrote:
> > Just wanted some opinions on a few things.
> >
> > 1) What's the policy on new plugins? I'm working on check_cpu from the
> > New Plugins tracker on SF and - if I get it working - should it go into
> > contrib/ or plugins/? What makes a plugin go from contrib to the main
> > area?
> >
> 	Not sure of this one myself... Would have to ask one of the project
> admins this one...

Plugins move from contrib to main after:

1) The standard command options are supported (--help, --version,
--timeout, --warning, --critical)

2) It is determined to be not redundant (for instance, we would not at a
new version of check_disk just because someone had provide a plugin that
had perf checking - we would incorporate the features into an exisiting
plugin

3) One of the developers has had the time to audit the code and declare
it ready for core.

4) It should also follow code format guidelines, and use functions from
utils (perl or c or sh) rather than cooking it's own.

There is/was a description of this somewhere in the docs. I'll see if I
can find it sometime, but probobly not tonight.

--
Karl