[Nagiosplug-devel] New plugins, autoconf & pre-built binaries

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Sat Mar 29 19:44:24 CET 2003

On Fri, 2003-03-28 at 16:41, Ton Voon wrote:
> Just wanted some opinions on a few things.
>
> 1) What's the policy on new plugins? I'm working on check_cpu from the
> New Plugins tracker on SF and - if I get it working - should it go into
> contrib/ or plugins/? What makes a plugin go from contrib to the main
> area?

Many people think of CPU usage and load together, with some
justification. I'm wondering if we might not want to integreat the CPU
checks into check_load? Thoughts?

> 3) There's been a thread in nagiosplug-help about pre-built binaries.
> How about housing them on SF's web servers with a link to the platform
> maintainers? Or a page of links to other people's web sites with a
> disclaimer of first contacting the platform maintainers? My crystal
> ball on this is a bit fuzzy.

For now, I don't feel like expanding the number of binaries in the
release too much. The release process is fairly cumbersome already. But
lets revisit this at some future point.

--
Karl