[Nagiosplug-devel] New plugins, autoconf & pre-built binaries

Karl DeBisschop karl at debisschop.net
Mon Mar 31 04:39:33 CEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-31 at 05:00, Voon, Ton wrote:
> check_cpu is actually a cpu check on processes, not the overall load on a
> system. Maybe a rename to check_procs_cpu? If so, there is a check_vsz to
> check the virtual size of processes - maybe this should change to
> check_procs_vsz for consistency?
>
> I also notice that the configure.in holds checks for an RSS_COMMAND,  but
> there is no check_rss. Is this worthwhile to do? (I'm thinking a symlink of
> check_vsz, but with slightly different processing, ala check_tcp / check_ftp
> / check_telnet)

Actually, I'd prefer to see them all rolled up into on souped up version
of check_procs. Is that feasible? Do other people consider a single
program the better option?

To me, since we test status, owner, etc in check_procs, cpu usage is
just more of the same.

Problem would be making it portable, of course.

--
Karl