[Nagiosplug-devel] check_ping /destination unreachable

Thu Aug 12 18:52:14 CEST 2004

Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 04:13:46PM +0200, Andreas Ericsson wrote:

> There is a contributed plugin, named check_icmp which will work
> properly, and much faster than normal check_ping. It doesn't rely on
> underlying programs to actually send the packets for it, so it handles
> faults and network anomalies properly.

I would love to try check_icmp (having been disappointed by
check_fping).

However, it doesn't appear to be in a freshly co'd copy of the CVS

bash-2.04$ pwd
/usr/home/stanley/build/nagiosplug
bash-2.04$ ls
AUTHORS                 FAQ                     README
autogen.sh              intl                    plugins
CHANGES                 Helper.pm               REQUIREMENTS
command.cfg.in          lib                     plugins-scripts
CODING                  INSTALLING              ROADMAP
configure.in            nagios-plugins.spec.in  po
COPYING                 LEGAL                   SUPPORT
contrib                 opttest.pl              test.pl.in
CVS                     Makefile.am             THANKS.in
contrib-reporting       package.def             tools
ChangeLog               NEWS                    acinclude.m4
doc                     pkg                     win32

bash-2.04$ find . -iname '*icmp*' -ls
bash-2.04$

Nor on SourceForge/Tracker/new plugins.

tsitc> lynx -dump -nolist -pauth=foo:bar
'http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=541465&group_id=29880&func=browse'

'http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=browse&group_id=29880&atid=541465&set=&offset=50'
| grep -i icmp

> If you find any problems with check_icmp, you can contact me directly,
> as I'm the author of it.
>

> Andreas Ericsson
> OP5 AB

Yours sincerely.