[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Feature Requests-734919 ] check_disk flexibility

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Dec 15 15:38:02 CET 2004

Feature Requests item #734919, was opened at 2003-05-08 23:56
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by tonvoon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397600&aid=734919&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I am using check_disk via. nrpe to monitor diskspace on
our servers.  I like the feature of being able to
monitor all the filesystems with a single check_disk
call but have run into three problems/issues with this.

1.  There is no way to exclude multiple filesystems.
Multiple -x flags just don't work.

2.  I need a way to allow for different percentages on
different filesystems.  For example, I may want to have
warnings at 10% and critical at 5% for most
filesystems, but if I have a 20GB filesystem, I
probably don't need a warning when there is still 2GB
free.  I also need this feature to be able to work
around disks that might be temporarily over their
high-water mark.  I'm thinking somethign along the
lines of:  check_disk -w 10% -c 5% -P /usr:5%:2%

3.  A flag is needed to tell check_disk to return mount
points instead of device names if -p is not used.  When
I get a warning, knowing that it is /usr that is full
is more useful than /dev/cciss/c0d0p3.