[Nagiosplug-devel] Current compile problem: check_icmp (Was: Solaris 9 vs. check_dhc p (today's CVS))

Voon, Ton Ton.Voon at egg.com
Thu Dec 23 05:17:02 CET 2004

A patch would suffice for now!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Ericsson [mailto:ae at op5.se]
Sent: 23 December 2004 13:11
To: nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagiosplug-devel] Current compile problem: check_icmp (Was:

Voon, Ton wrote:
> Apologies (brain not fully in gear yet). The check_dhcp problem was on
> Sol2.6, to do with socklen_t not being defined. I've got a fix for
> that which I've committed.
>
> I then got an error in check_icmp's compile, to do with undefined
> symbols:

> socket                              check_icmp.o
> getprotobyname                      check_icmp.o
> sendto                              check_icmp.o
> recvfrom                            check_icmp.o
>
> This was fixed by amending plugins/Makefile.am (Lynne Lawrence -
> 1087171) to load in the NETLIBS, but then I got this:
>
> gcc  -g -O2  -L. -o check_icmp  check_icmp.o netutils.o utils.o
> ../lib/libnagiosplug.a ../lib/libcoreutils.a getaddrinfo.o
> gethostbyname.o -lnsl -lsocket -lresolv ../intl/libintl.a  -lgen -lnsl
> ld: warning: symbol `end_time' has differing sizes:
>         (file check_icmp.o value=0x8; file utils.o value=0x4);
>         check_icmp.o definition taken
> ld: fatal: symbol `usage' is multiply-defined:
>         (file check_icmp.o and file utils.o);
> ld: warning: symbol `start_time' has differing sizes:
>         (file check_icmp.o value=0x8; file utils.o value=0x4);
>         check_icmp.o definition taken
> ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to check_icmp
>
> which is due to check_icmp redefining functions/variables that already
> exist in utils.c. Could change the plugins/Makefile.am to load in just
> the netutils.o, but check_icmp should stick to our framework of using
> utils.o. Can Andreas sort this one out?

Naturally. It would be easier if I could have cvs write access to
check_icmp.c.

This private and confidential e-mail has been sent to you by Egg.  The Egg
group of companies includes Egg Banking plc registered no. 2999842), Egg
Financial Products Ltd (registered no. 3319027) and Egg Investments Ltd
(registered no. 3403963) which is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Services Authority. Egg Investments Ltd. is entered in the FSA register
under number 190518.     Registered in England and Wales. Registered
offices: 1 Waterhouse Square, 138-142 Holborn, London EC1N 2NA.    If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail and have received it in
error, please notify the sender by replying with 'received in error' as the
subject and then delete it from your mailbox.