[Nagiosplug-devel] check_swap mis-reporting values

Matt Pounsett matt.pounsett at cira.ca
Thu Feb 19 18:31:02 CET 2004

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Ton Voon wrote:

> I think I understand. It looks like your system has a large amount of
> real memory, but a small amount of swap allocated. swap -l returns 100%
> used (and hence check_swap [-a]) because all the swap disk is filled.
> However /tmp, which uses a combination of real memory and swap, is
> returning lots of space, so your system is not really having any
> problems.

Hrm.. I don't think that's quite right.  I've always thought /tmp was *just*
the size of the swap partition.  In this case, the machine has 4Gig of
physical memory, but df only reports 2Gig of swap.  If solaris was reporting
both physical and swap in df, then it would show 6.

--
Matt Pounsett                 CIRA - Canadian Internet Registration Authority
Technical Support Programmer                    350 Sparks Street, Suite 1110