[Nagiosplug-devel] Performance output of the disk plugin

Jaap Hogenberg jaap.hogenberg at marketxs.com
Thu Jul 22 06:38:13 CEST 2004

Hi,

While playing with perfparse 0.99.01 and the nagios plugin check_disk ,
it occurs to me that the performance data for this plugin is not
correct. When I run the plugin, this is what I get:
( currently using check_disk 1.42 from plugins 1.4.0alpha2 )

nagios at gilmore:~/cvs/nagiosplug/plugins$ ./check_disk -w 30% -c 10% -p /
DISK OK - free space: / 8171 MB (85%);| /=8170MB;6728;8650;0;9612

>From the "plugin developers doc" I gather that the second and third
field in the performance data output should be of the "range type"
and since we are working with "free space" any value bigger than
the warning and critical tresholds is good , so we need to alert
when the value is inside a range using the "@" sign....

This means the "warn" field should contain  @((max * 100)/10:((max *
100)/30)
and the "crit" field should show @[0:]((max * 100) /10

in values:   .... | /=8170MB;@961:2884;@0:961;0;9612

Is this right ?

I have tried to change the code myself, so that I could supply
patches, but my C coding skills are lousy.

I would appriciate the help, and many thanks for the great work done
allready!

Regards,
Jaap Hogenberg