[Nagiosplug-devel] has anyone developed a plugin in python?

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Thu Jul 22 08:51:01 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 01:34:33AM +1000, nemir nemiria wrote:
> I had a look at teh distro and couldn't see anything in there that looked like it was a python plugin.
>
> I have developed a plugin that I am keen to contribute,  but I can't figure out how to make a timeout function for it,  which is a showstopper according to the guidelines page.
It isn't a showstopper since both NRPE or Nagios will attempt to kill it after it has run out of time, but it is still a good idea to handle it within your code.

I found this about timeouts in python: http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-signal.html

-Jason MArtin

--
The wise open their minds, but a fool opens his mouth.
This message is PGP/MIME signed.