[Nagiosplug-devel] Plugin message tables

Jason Martin jhmartin at toger.us
Thu Jul 29 14:42:04 CEST 2004

I've been getting some requests from users to provide a list of
all possible outputs from the Nagios plugins I am using, which
will be used to generate troubleshooting guides for the NOC
personell. I was thinking that it would be handy if plugins
implemented some sort of message table such that all the
messages could be located in one location of the code, and just
make calls to the table to generate the appropriate message.

Something like an indexed array or string-referenced hash would
do it; just move all the printf format strings into one central
structure and reference them when generating output.

Has anyone else thought of  such a thing, or how else can one
fairly easily determine all possible outputs of a plugin?

Thank you,
-Jason Martin
--
This message is PGP/MIME signed.