[Nagiosplug-devel] [ nagiosplug-Bugs-903461 ] check_nwstat generates ipv6 calls (error)

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Mon Mar 1 08:47:08 CET 2004

Bugs item #903461, was opened at 2004-02-24 14:14
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by faucon
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=397597&aid=903461&group_id=29880

Category: None
Group: Release (specify)

Initial Comment:
Short story :

check_nwstat is doing 2 X AAAA request and 1 X A
request to my DNS server since version 1.3.99 (1.13).

Details and tests :
Linux server RedHat9. DNS server Netware

With check_nwstat v1.3.99 or more recent, my DNS server
is showing that my Nagios server is doing 2 X AAAA
request (ip6) and 1 X A request (ip4).

I tested with version 1.3.1 of the plugins, and there
is no problem there. (but features in latest release
are needed).

I tested with other plugins and with ping, and
everything is fine.

Here is a peace of the logs.

----------------------

      ***** QH_Proc: query received from 10.1.0.137
      QH_ns_req: Query for (srv-ndps1.cslaval.qc.ca)
of type aaaa
        Domain Name "srv-ndps1.cslaval.qc.ca" found in
authoritative cache zone "cslaval.qc.ca"
        Send a UDP Reply to 10.1.0.137
      ***** QH_Proc: query received from 10.1.0.137
      QH_ns_req: Query for (srv-educ1.cslaval.qc.ca)
of type aaaa
        Domain Name "srv-educ1.cslaval.qc.ca" found in
authoritative cache zone "cslaval.qc.ca"
        Send a UDP Reply to 10.1.0.137
      ***** QH_Proc: query received from 10.1.0.137
      QH_ns_req: Query for (srv-sec1.cslaval.qc.ca)  of
type aaaa
        Domain Name "srv-sec1.cslaval.qc.ca" found in