[Nagiosplug-devel] Improved check_oracle (TS check with autoe xtend)

Voon, Ton Ton.Voon at egg.com
Wed Mar 24 08:48:11 CET 2004

I think Joerg is right. My feeling is that the UNKNOWN status should only
appear on configuration issues such as an incorrect use of parameters or
values. This way when a service is being setup or changed, an UNKNOWN would
be raised, but no operation procedure would be invoked (eg paging).

I can't think of another situation where UNKNOWN would be acceptable.

Assuming the configuration is finalised, any status from then on should be
warning or critical.

This may cause a huge number of alerts raised, but that should be handled in
Nagios (as dependencies or whatever mechanism).