[Nagiosplug-devel] Improved check_oracle (TS check with autoextend)

Poitschke Kai kai.poitschke at axense.com
Wed Mar 24 06:10:24 CET 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: joerg.helmert at aracomp.de [mailto:joerg.helmert at aracomp.de]
Sent: Mittwoch, 24. März 2004 13:20
To: 'Stanley Hopcroft'
Cc: nagiosplug-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: [Nagiosplug-devel] Improved check_oracle (TS check with autoextend)

>Couldn't that be done with dependencies?
>Didn't play with dependencies yet, but I thought, thats what they are for.
>Tablespace check dependent on database up check
>All databases dependent on network check

I use also dependencies from TS check to the db login. Its tricky and a lot of work if you have
lots of tablespaces and databases. Its easy to make an error. I'm currently monitoring 7 databases
and 20 tablespaces and I'm not finished yet. My dependencies file has now nearly 500 lines.
I hope service groups will make it easier.

On the other hand, dependencies work only fine when the checks happen in the right sequence. If the TS check detects the error before the login check, you get an error on the TS first.
Thats why I do the TS checks less often than the login checks, but there is always the chance that it
happens in the wrong sequence.

Regards
Kai