[Nagiosplug-devel] Darn ... ePN RFC sent to nagiosdevel not nagiosplug-devel ..

Thu Mar 25 00:20:01 CET 2004

Dear Folks,

I suppose I should have tried harder with this, the proposal to hack
p1.pl to change its present behaviour; as it was only sent to
NagiosDevel - sorry about that.

Most of the proposals have already been prototyped. I have been using
such an ePN to return Perl plugin results in core (avoiding the former
file system [/tmp] method) for some time.

This work has enabled me to

 . reduce the cost of testing (I think) ePN plugins since the simulator
can be in Perl rather than C

 . provide some POD for the ePN Perl driver p1.pl

 . provide some tests (mainly for CPAN distribution) which is still a
TODO.

 . patches are available for 1.2 to do the in-memory return stuff.

 . evaluate the utility of the changes - probably not a significant perf
boost, but I am happy with the tidy ups and the extra options.

Your comments are welcome.